Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Long Winter

This is an okay book written by Laura Ingalls Wilder and based on true events. The first terrible storm comes to the barren prairie in October. Then it snows almost without stopping until April. Snow has reached rooftops, and no trains can get through with food or coal. The people of De Smet are hungry, including Laura's family, who wonder how they're going to make it through this terrible winter. It is young Almanzo Wilder who finally understands what needs to be done. He must try to save the town, even if it means risking his own life.

This is the sixth book in the Little House series and was written in 1940.

2 Comments:

At 1/06/2011 12:39 PM, Blogger Lanae said...

I'm glad to know that you are keeping up with your blog. I have not been on mine for a while. How are you doing? How's life going? Just basically wanted to say Hi!!!

 
At 1/08/2011 12:43 AM, Blogger Serket said...

Thanks for leaving a comment and continuing to read my blog. I've been trying to stay consistent about posting new content. I haven't posted personal information for a while, but I am friends with your daughter on Facebook. On Monday I am starting accounting classes at the University of Utah. I have to take six prerequisites before getting into the master's program.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home